Saturday, May 30, 2009

wooden lips.

As I was getting off work yesterday Sarah met em at the shop and we strolled to Jenna's.
3 besties.
curry.
session.
tunes.
girl talk about boys and life and moms and kids these days.

Sarah stayed the night at Shrader House.
food: tacos
activities: katie's two weeks worth of laundry. puzzle. movie. Inhaling.
beverage: juice
movie: Romance and Cigarettes
puzzle: Jungle Scene

This morning running slightly late as I was checking NextMuni I decided I need to start getting up earlier again and stop sleeping in until 8. When I saw I could make the next N in ten minutes I got comfortable talking with Sarah. Then I realized I looked up the wrong line and the N was actually coming in 4 minutes. damn. I left the house planning on taking the 71 or the 6 downtown.
I approached the bus stop at the same time as the bus. While I was counting my change the guy next to me asked if I could break a 5. I said no and that I only had 3. He looked around for a nervous second as I said - You know what I'll just pay for you. Get on the bus. He looked a little dumbfounded so more encouragingly I said - Well, come on. and he stepped up onto the bus. As I was paying our fares he started to go down the bus asking every person if they could break a 5. no one could/would.
He sat across from me and we exchanged names. His: Collin. Mine: Katie (duh) I told him to not worry about it ...it's only a buck fifty. He told me I was very sweet. I lightly blushed and smiled as if to say both "I know" and "Thank you"
Small talk about where we live.. where we were going... and karma was had.
It's probably a good thing to start the day off with good karma.

I've been in denial since Thursday morning that I am getting sick. Yesterday I was sure it was allergies. But half way through the day at work everything was really heavy and it took all my energy to do anything. By the time Sarah showed up to give me my house key back I was feeling exhausted and hot. I can't smell anything. I felt useless with any customer. Everything I eat has a muted taste. And now there's this cough starting.
being sick is the stupidest thing.

No comments: