Friday, December 5, 2008

the gift of music.

Bean and I had the best idea the other day while we were wandering the city and found ourselves in a record shop. I found a Bob Dylan double tape set and A Big Brother and the Holding Company record I've been wanting. Jenna found a Clash record she has been wanting. 
Since the two of us are extremely broke this Christmas season.. neither of us can really afford gifts for anyone. So, we made this deal. We each paid for the things we wanted for ourselves... but they are FROM each other. This way we both got things we have wanted and that will bring happiness to our lives ... and we don't have to worry about buying each other anything or feel guilty for not getting each other something. It's the thought of knowing we wanted to get these for each other. 
Yes, we realize we both spent the same amount of money... and we could have paid for each other's ... but this just felt nicer. 
It's nice to buy things for yourself from other people.